Outlook Express provided by ...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Leo154, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Leo154

Leo154 Guest

how do i get rid of provided by PC Magazine? i got this from SP1 on the PCM cd

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

open regedit then go to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\random\Software\Microsoft\OutlookExpress\
    change the Window Title key on the right.

3. SPeedY_B

that was all meant to be on one line, i swear these forums are crap at parsing input.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    Identities
    Random Value
    Software
    Microsoft
    OutlookExpress

...is what you're after.

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

or use magictweak

5. Leo154

Leo154 Guest

hey thanks man! by the way, how did you find that out? did you know it or you guess it would be there... coz i spent an hour on regedit and gpedit and couldn't figure it out.. i found on gpedit how to change it but it didnt work for outlook express...

thanks again.. this is the second time you told me how to change a window title ;)

6. SPeedY_B

I usually have a self made .reg file for these sort of things, so I can reset th titlebars if they get branded by an isp or company.

Outlook and IE titlebars are usually changed by ISP setup files, so its a common problem and therefore there's plenty of different resources on the net (usually ISP's who don't want 1000's of e-mails asking how to remove their banding) that will explain how to remove the "branding".

As for regedit, as a general rule pop it open, then hit CTRL+F and do a search for the application name that you are having a problem with.

7. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

You could also get Xteq, and put your own brand on many things, for those who would like to avoid the registry.
    http://www.xteq.com/