outlook express prob

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
I've a friend in his 80's and he's having trouble with attachments in Outlook express 6 (I think).
He's using windows xp and can't download any attachments sent by email.
When he clicks the attachment nothing happens so he can't save them to his pc.......Any ideas what the problem is??

Hi Evil Marge. Go to Outlook Express-Tools-Options-Security-Take the tick out of 'Do Not Allow Attachments'. But remember attachments can be risky, and the 'Do Not Allow Attachments' is really the best setting.

I told him to do that but when he unticks it the apply button isn't active so he can't change it :confused:

I take it you haven't tried it yourself. If he takes the tick out and then just presses the OK. Then if he just goes back into Tools-Options-Security he should find that the tick is removed. But remind him of my previous warning.

I'm givin him no more advice.........He said he unticked the box,pressed ok but now Outlook won't even send any emails now :rolleyes:
I know he's been messin about with things he shouldn't but he just denies it.

I told him if he wasn't 80 I'd throttle him :p :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back