Outlook Express gone mad!

Uninstalling and reinstalling may not necessarily work. This could simply be a corrupted OE mail database (.dbx)

These are located in

C:\Documents and Settings\#Your User Name#\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\#Identity number assigned to you#\Microsoft\Outlook Express

I would have copied them and then deleted the folder. Oh, this is where your mail/folders are stored btw.

they might not all be corrupted and you can try to import from them later if you want to recover any mail (you only need to do this if you have local folders that you store mail on, not if all your mail is on the server)

nope, only the downloaded mail and that was mostly funnies, nothing serious.

Yes that was one of the first things Eve tried. Eve I detest Outlook as well. At one stage it started overtaking OE. This might be a pain but why not try removing Outlook using the office cd then see how OE goes. Reinstall OE again if necessary just to make sure outlook is not somehow causing the problem.

UPDATE: I tried to do a repair of XP but it didn't give me the option. Anyone know how to get into it? I've done it before, but I can't remember how. Anyway, I reinstalled via upgrade, sat there for bloody ages watching it go and yet still no fecking Outlook Express. Am bloody pissed off now. Have to keep using crappy Microsfot Outlook, is not fair! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back