Outlook Express Error

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by techie, Dec 10, 2005.

1. techie

techie OSNN One Post Wonder

I keep getting the following error message when checking for new e-mails on my ISP: Error Number: 0x80004005

I already did a search on both Google and Yahoo. The tech support from Microsoft's site was useless because it did not work. I did a search on my computer for Inbox.mbx and it found nothing! How is that supposed to help me out?

I read someone else's post back in 2003 on here about it and someone suggested reformatting, is that really necessary? I hate to lose everything I have on my computer.

Please help me out soon, thanks!

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

3. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Do you have Norton Antivirus installed ??? If so then disable script blocking, and disable new mail notification ..

4. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

The store folder is hidden so you have to put a checkmark in Search hidden files and folders before you search or it will not find them.

Search > All files and folders > More advanced options > Search hidden files and folders

5. techie

techie OSNN One Post Wonder

Here's the problem with that site:

You Need to Subscribe to View This Solution

A lot of good that does! I do not have money to spend on things like this. I am on a fixed income and do not have money to throw out the window, maybe you do but I do not.

Next time give me a FREE site that offers a real solution to the problem, this does nothing to help me out, only frustrate me further.

6. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

You don’t need to subscribe to see the solution, just Scroll about half way down the page.

Can you access your mailbox by using your ISP's Web based e-mail?

When I’ve seen that error code, it’s been because of a bad E mail (very large and it times out) or password typed wrong.

7. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

I found that if you search the site you can't view the solution. You need to get a result from google.

8. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

That's not true. You can view the solution if you scroll all the way down, however if you visit the exact page (might be the site, not sure) one time, you have to empty your internet cache before you can view it again ;)

9. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Hmm, I'll have to try that after.