Outlook 2007 audible rules

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by attackatat, Jun 6, 2009.

1. attackatat

attackatat OSNN One Post Wonder

Hey folks,
    I need some assistance in fixing my outlook rules, specifically one. I've got a rule set up to play a sound when I get an email to a certain distro.

Rule basics are:

Apply after messages arrive
    send to "folder"
    play ringin.wav
    except if my name is in the cc or to box

It appears because of the sound, it's classified as a client only rule too.

So, in a nutshell, all new emails sit in my inbox until I fire up outlook and run the rules. Before, I used to get one audible ring as the rules were being run. After no changes at all, while running the rules , Ringin.wav continually alerts until the rule is done being processed...sometimes 10 minutes

With over 1000 new emails to process daily, ringin.wav alerts about every 3 seconds for the entire rule running process. How can I change this to alert once and keep running the rules, like it used to.
  2. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

So let me get this straight, you set up a sound to go off when your email comes in with exceptions (cc or 'to' box. And since you get a lot of emails (1000 a day), you only want the sound to go off once instead of one for every email (Which would get annoying).

Am I correct?
  3. attackatat

attackatat OSNN One Post Wonder

Bingo, right on the money. Mind you that this is only initially running rules, after their sorted, it's okay..one email , one ring.