OT: Suggestions for other website

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Lactic.Acid, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

I maintain http://www.tc.umn.edu/~habitat for my campus chapter of Habitat For Humanity, and had a few ppl suggest a redesign, so I was wondering if any of you, after peering through the content quickly, had a layout (in HTML) in mind that would work for it, and look "prettier" (LOTTA girls in this, so think "non-techie" (No offense kylie) with the design). I'm just not that great with layouts and wanted an opinion or two.
    /L.A
    (Sorry if you don't want these posts here, Wadd, lemme know and remove this one if that's the case.)

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

lol, keel-hull the man... asking for help in a forum... HOW DARE YOU. :p ;) :D

Why don't you post a request in the main forums somewhere... you'll get a lot more hits out there.

3. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

yeah, yeah...I'll do that. delete the thread then, if you see this waddy.
    /L.A

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

A design can be very technical, but it doesn't mean it will be difficult to update, I have birds helping to update monged ;)

5. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

man that teddy bear or what ever it is looking through that widow is scary!!! :eek:

what do u need to be on the site m8 ?

up 2 date news = a news script
    downloads = downloads script
    Gallery = gallery script
    weblinks = web link script...

erm... all arounder (as in complete website with loads of features)= PostNuke/PhpNuke :)

MdSalih

6. waddy

waddy OSNN Senior Addict

Lactic you post whatever you want mate .. :D

we are all here to help each other

like usual im busy with study etc , but im sure punk or mdsalh could offer some good advice ......

like MD said a good portal woulfd be the ticket i think

ill have proper look later on

7. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

Md, don't have access to php. Not sure if I have access to any scripting at all, actually...The site mainly just needs to contain some news updates, some pictures, a calednar, etc. and some informational pages. More or less, what's on the site now, a total of around twenty pages.

And that "thing" in the window is a gopher, my school's mascot, so you betta watch yoself... :D
    /L.A

8. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

hmm... u can't do php/pearl/cgi ? hmmm i'll look for a html news/portal script m8... where is the site hosted ?

MdSalih

9. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

my university provides student groups with a web account, hosting, email, etc. I don't neccessarily need a news script, as a lot of the officers won't post much anyway. I was just asking for design ideas, layouts, whatever, before I try to redesign it sometime.

If anyone knows of a mailing list manager of some sort, on the other hand...a free listerv perhaps? That would be awesome. Managing a 500 person mailing list by hand gets tedious, and no one else can mail out using the list except me, since it's on my computer.
    /L.A