OSNN RSS Feeds?

Has anyone found a solution for this feed problem as reported by This link ?

I recently tried adding the feed to Thunderbird instead ofFirefox(which is much nicer by the way) but get the same validationerror. It just won't take it.

The RSS Validator linked above clearly says what the problem is...isthere no fix for it or our super admin is too busy with other stuff andwill fix it later?

Just asking :rolleyes: ... I can't wait to get that feed in there!

See the screenshot...

Attachments

• shot.gif
    shot.gif
    59.8 KB · Views: 88
thekore said:
yeah, i have been waiting on this getting fixed, but the main news feed still wont work guys :)

Works on my blog at http://personal.x-istence.com/, so that is all that matters :p

In fact, the two reasons it doesnot validate at this point is Sorry

This feed does not validate.

Your feed appears to be encoded as "ISO-8859-1", but your server is reporting "US-ASCII" [help]

line 64, column 30: XML Parsing error: <unknown>:64:30: undefined entity [help]
<title>TopDesk 1.2 - Expos&eacute; Clone for Windows XP</title>

Okay, so the first one can easily be addressed, add the right content type, but it should not cause programs to choke

The second while it might seem like a problem it is not. It should just parse it as straight text, and not worry about the é. It would be a really stupid reason for a parser to quit.

O well.

Well infact the second problem is enclosed in CDATA tags which feed readers are told to ignore anyway.
Fixed all but the first problem anyway -- the feed now validates... would be nice to get that first prob fixed tho x ;D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back