osnn photo contest

sharob said:
One of two things will happen here:
1. You will see a nice picture, or
2. You'll see nothing.

Fingers crossed for option 1
Nice picture :)

Nick M said:
Didn't know you had a DA account, Weasel!
I do, I do. :) It doesn't see much action, mostly pics from my trip to Italy, but it's there. Sweet panaramic shot by the way, wish I could do those.

Sharob, cool pic, where is that?

Bit cold last year!

Attachments

• DSCF0037.JPG
    DSCF0037.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 127
I like the hazy look, like you were shooting through a foggy window???

Uluru

Weasel said:
I do, I do. :) It doesn't see much action, mostly pics from my trip to Italy, but it's there. Sweet panaramic shot by the way, wish I could do those.

Sharob, cool pic, where is that?

Uluru, its Aboriginal name (or Ayres Rock) is a very large natural formation in the middle of the desert in Australia.

It is the world's largest monolith rising 318m above the desert floor with a circumference of 8 km. It is considered once of the great wonders of the world. It is located in the Kata Tjuta National Park, which is owned and run by the local Aboriginals. The Australian government handed ownership of the land back to the Aboriginals some years ago.

The Rock is arkose, a course-grained sandstone rich in feldspar at least 2.5 km thick. Uplifting and folding between 400-300 mya turned the sedimentary layers nearly 90 degrees to their present position. The surface has then been eroded.

Depending on the time of day and the atmospheric conditions, the rock can dramatically change color, anything from blue to glowing red! Many avid photographers set up for days and record the many changing colors of Uluru. Ayers Rock was named for the Premier of South Australia, Sir Henry Ayers. It extends down over 3 and a half miles beneath the surface.

T can't claim these next two images as mine, but they do show more of the monolith. And remember, everything around it is flat!

Attachments

• ayers1.gif
    ayers1.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 122
  • ayers2.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 111
Another cold one :)

Attachments

• DSCF0035.JPG
    DSCF0035.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 112
chester7zu.jpg

I Took this a few months ago, just came arcoss it so i thought i would post it!

I haven't seen any pics in a while and I have tons of rep to give out

:s:

This is my cat that will not stop moewing, as you can see in the picture :p

My bird eats her soup with a spoon. You should see her cut a steak :lick:

Attachments

• spoony.png
    spoony.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 125
vidio of what her using the spoon or cutting a steak, cuz i was kidding about the steak. I don't have a video of her using a spoon but i suppose i could make one.

Find this in some camping pics....mother nature must have been smoking something...

Here is another one that is of a tree right outside my window.. its very beautiful this time of year

zeke_mo such a beautiful species for a flower. I love the vibrant colors that are being projected from it. It is as if the color and the leaves are letting me know that the season around California is a pleasant one. Then again I live in California and the weather is always pleasant here except when the storms come in.

Other than that great picture zeke_mo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back