OSNN Frontpage ads.

yes, ming is currently the only one financing the site.
lol.

I have a box where (I presume) there should be an ad. Its just a blue box with "OSNN Adslot #1" written in the top left hand corner.

Has anyone seen something similar to the screenie below? If you do see it again, or if you see the ad that's meant to be in that slot, click on it and see where it takes you.

BTW EP, did you use the William Hill and Ladbrokes ads??

Attachments

• OSnn4.JPG
    OSnn4.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 83
Mainframeguy said:
LOL go ming go - hit that refresh button! :p
Was talking to EP about these ad clicks the other day. He told me it's only one click per IP per day, so I can only get him around 3-4p each day from my home computer. haha

You lot should help us out here. :p

Heh, admuncher uses dozens of proxies updated regularly, if everyone used it and didn't block the ads just think how much you'd make. ;)

People who block ads piss me off. Running a site isn't cheap, web-masters put adverts there for a reason, trust me, they don't want them uglifying there site just as much as visitors don't.

Erm.. you lot are going off the topic now. :p
This thread was meant to be directed at the admins/mods coz the ads I've seen recently seem to be encouraging/inviting people to gamble. This is not suitable for this forum as I'm sure that there are many under-18's here.

ming said:
Was talking to EP about these ad clicks the other day. He told me it's only one click per IP per day, so I can only get him around 3-4p each day from my home computer. haha

You lot should help us out here. :p
So... if I cycle my IP (dynamic) by booting my router then I could reach the dizzy heights of 15-20p per day (with five boots), is that right?

Lemme know EP because if it works then I will do it! (Or does it just check first three levels of IP?)

Mainframeguy said:
So... if I cycle my IP (dynamic) by booting my router then I could reach the dizzy heights of 15-20p per day (with five boots), is that right?

Lemme know EP because if it works then I will do it! (Or does it just check first three levels of IP?)

Yeah, that usually works. I remember playing Outwar a game in which players get extra point when other people visit their link. I used to give myself extra hits by recycling the IP when I had narrowband internet. :)

Sorry off-topic

[RANT]
If looking at ads was optional I would probably leave them on to support certain sites, sort of like slapping a favourite sticker on your bumper, but when I lose my choice in the matter its war. With all the crap companies plaster on everything to make a buck.

If you people wanted sponsoring you'd have a Paypal button for support, otherwise I'm not helping some company out by clicking their ads when I could send cash directly to who I wanted to help. Especially when offering a free service in one hand, like church for instance, then plastering corporate ads on the walls of the houses of all those who attended and wondering why they are angrily taking them down.
[/RANT]

Apologies earlier guy, I pasted the wrong code and ended up with a tower ad, a normal ad a popup and a popunder on the site. in a little iframe. sorted now tho!

ming said:
I remember playing Outwar a game in which players get extra point when other people visit their link. I used to give myself extra hits by recycling the IP when I had narrowband internet. :)
eek Outwar are evil spammers :/

The boxes where they say ad spot, are just images created by me, crucial ram have contacted me several times about filling it, but the fellah is away until april 12th.\neat, but I might put something else in there for a few days :p

Feel free to advertise any of the two URL's in my sig... :p :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back