OSNN Anti-Virus Poll

What anti-virus scanner do you use?

• Total voters
I use Norton Anti-Virus 2002, because I have always, and I never bothered to try any other ones. It seems to be the favorite of most people anyways so, its all good!

Vector said:
Just to prove to myself that I'm not losing my mind, I installed AVG on a test machine. It was version 7, though, not version 6 (my mistake), and it's the Pro version.

Yep, AVG7 has more processes running, 2 here using heuristics and email plugin, the once mentioned above. AVG7 is bigger than 6, and it is not free, hence most people here seem to use 6.

I've noticed that viruses are now being designed to disable norton's antivirus scans. i had to download avg to kill it and have not looked back ever since. plus, no annoying subscription fees. but as with all software to each their own. just another one of my millions of opinions bound to make it's way on this site.

I still use Anti-Vir to scan if ever ... which is rarely. I just can't stand all the resident crap every scanner installs.

I've been an avid user of Zone Alarm for a few years now. The only time I haven't used it is to test out other firewalls. I always end up re-installing ZA because the firewalls I've tested lacked features ZA has.

Could you make this thread and the Firewall Poll thread sticky?

I switched to Sygate Pro from NIS. Norton's was such a resource hog, that when it loaded I heard my fan speed drop 2000 RPMs. :) ;)

Friend of Bill said:
I switched to Sygate Pro from NIS. Norton's was such a resource hog, that when it loaded I heard my fan speed drop 2000 RPMs. :) ;)

Good and wise choice ! ;) But you posted in the wrong thread, it's anti-virus poll here... ;)
I use Sygate Pro (v. 5.5.0.2525, latest) myself, most happy and secure with it !

The best Antivirus to use is none. All they are is snake oil salesman for your pc, All I have is a router and a firewall (Zone Alarm Free). I have never (let me say that again), never had a virus. I guess I am just special.

Now if I had to choose one it would be McAfee. I can't stand that stupid control center though. It is like it is nagging you to get the rest of the McAfee products every time it opens.

Johnny said:
The best Antivirus to use is none. All they are is snake oil salesman for your pc, All I have is a router and a firewall (Zone Alarm Free). I have never (let me say that again), never had a virus. I guess I am just special.

Now if I had to choose one it would be McAfee. I can't stand that stupid control center though. It is like it is nagging you to get the rest of the McAfee products every time it opens.

Best antivirus i ever used. If you geta virus and things start going pete tong then FORMAT C:/S

I use Panda 7 and have used Panda for 4 years now. Never once has a virus taken me down or even close. If I find something that works, thats out of the norm, that ok by me. I just hear too many peeps complain about the the 2 big others.

Poll Change?

I had originally used Norton Antivirus 2003 and responded to the poll for Norton. Since my subscription was up and after reading this forum, I've switched to AVG. I guess the poll should subtract 1 from Norton and add 1 to AVG.

Well that all depends. Do you like AVG more? I personally like Norton, AVG and Avast!. But Avast! isn't doing well on the charts. Oh well.

What Antivirus Do You Use?

What is the best antivirus to use for personal pc (please post your opinion)?

I use AntiVir v.6 mainly because it's free and the definitions are updated daily. However, the on demand scan time is rather slow, but the real time scanning is accurate and efficient.

You can download AntiVir free at: http://www.free-av.com/

I use McAfee. I don't why I use.
tongue.gif

There's also a poll in this forum. Have look at it here

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back