OS X 10.5 "Leopard"

There's speculation of a Preview DVD being released to WWDC attendees, such as Tiger was, and if that's true... much like Tiger, it'll be installed on my iBook within a few hours of the keynote ending ;) maybe quicker, I have faster net access this year :p

Me wants to see there new Intel G5 with Xeon CPU in it, I bet they will fly at rendering!

Will you be buying one though? :p

I just want to buy a mac which comes with 10.5 pre-installed, so I at least know it's compatible for some time :D

Is Leopard going to have PPC love? I thought I heard ages ago (not sure where) that Leopard was Intel CPU only?

No, Leopard is PPC-friendly. Changes are that Apple will continue to support PPC with its OS releases through at least 2008.

Is Leopard going to have PPC love? I thought I heard ages ago (not sure where) that Leopard was Intel CPU only?
The next OS which may be Intel only is said to be 11. There's no way in hell that Apple would piss-off their installed user base. A very small fraction of Mac users are using Intel hardware right now, and the full transition to Intel chips isn't even complete (Mac Pro's don't officially exist yet ;))

PPC still has life in it yet :)

kk I must have gotten confused. Mac OS "11" being the one to drop PPC support makes more sense. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back