OS X 10.3.9 update info

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by muzikool, Feb 28, 2005.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

From AppleInsider

2. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

This is the one major benefits to having a mac, everything is updated and new things are constanly being added. Good job Apple!!!!

3. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

The updates are nice as a package opposed to separate individual updates.

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Some interesting updates coming (some that fix things some people say broke in 3.8 and some things wrong w/ the mini for others *cough*video drivers*cough*).

The part I didn't like to read was the expected release of late March early April as that means that Tiger most likely won't release till end of April at the earliest. :(

5. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

More looking forward to Tiger (8A939 seeded! Yummy!) than updates to Panther :D

Xie, if it does come in April many people will be happy, we've all been waiting on an end-of-June release so far.

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I'm just sad because then I miss the free update. :p

7. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Tiger will be worth the money, the last build I used was 8A294, we're on 8A393 now, so lots has improved/been added since I last used it. Can't wait for a final (giving up beta chasing for now, ruins the fun of the final :D)

8. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

I am waiting until they update the Mac mini to include the new ATI GFX card so that it can use compositing in mac OS X, instead of using straight up quartz to do OpenGL.

Compositing is supposed to give an entirely new meaning to expose and other stuff

* Note: This information may be inaccurate, i can't remember where i read about it.