Original Intellimouse explorer w/XP

O

OTE

Got an Intellimouse mouse explorer from a friend who brought the new 3.0 version. It was working fine on his computer.
I turned off my computer took out my old mouse (Ps2 MS standard). Plugged the Intelli mouse into a USB port. Turned on computer. Mouse wouldn't work. Got drivers from MS (4.1 s) installed those, same again no mouse movement. Tried different USB port same again, tried PS/2 connector same again. Ive now gone back to my MS standard wheelmouse and it works fine. I do get a Light underneth the Intelimouse so it appears to be on.

Try unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in a couple of times. Also try rebooting a couple of times with the mouse plugged in.

hmm.. weird... normally usb mice tend to as you to plug in mouse first and then install it afterwards... what os u running mate ? if XP home/pro ?

MdSalih

im running XP Pro. I tried plugging it in while in windows but nothing happens

hmmm... sounds wired.. try plugging it in.. go to device manager.. see if yer see any yellow exclamation marks...

MdSalih

Hey and I thought these things only happened to me!
Couple of weekends back I had the same problem with my new 1.1 version explorer. (got it for 1/4 the price of the v3.0)
Don't know how I really got it working but removed it a couple of times plugged the old mouse back in and maybe( cannot be 100% sure of this next step) but I may have used the PS2 adapter, but it ended up working after 10 mins of stuffing around.
Good Luck..

Ah, the good old way of diagnosing a problem - fiddle around, get it working, and still have no idea what went wrong.

first, you'll need to uninstall your old mouse...drivers and the mouse itself (in device manager).

then, turn off your 'puter, plug new mouse into usb port.

turn your 'puter back on and let xp auto detect it. also, let xp load drivers for it and then leave it alone.

i have an ms optical intellimouse (usb) with standard xp drivers and it runs fine.

Another point is that , in control panel under the mouse settings there is (in my coputer there is) an option for 'connected device' , in mine it gives a whole range of MS mouse types including explorer v3.0 etc. check it out.

Thanks for the replys, tried it on a mates computer nothing happened. Looks like the mouse was fooked. Never mind.

regards OTE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back