Order your free Windows XP SP2 CD

I don;t trust the new Service Pack 2 - I installed this CD on a WIN XP Home PC- the pc had SP1 installed- after 30 - 45 mins installing - restarted then halt on boot-

tried Safe mode- Recovery and Repair - same-

Had to reinstall eventually- clean format- did the same again !!! I will not be installing SP2 until Microsoft fix

i have the sp2 cd and it installed fine, did you make sure to follow all the instructions ands do all the updates prior to installing sp2 as microsoft suggests?

I have had a problem installing SP2 (Test versions) and when I received the CD. This might be a bit of useless info but I have found by going to MSCONFIG disabling all the programmes in start up and then doing the installation everything went well without a hitch. I then went back to msconfig and put the start up progs back as they were

i still didnt get my cd! i ordered it on august 6th, the day this thread was started! LOL god damn u microsoft. anyways though i am proud to say i have installed service pack 2 on over 30 computers of friends ands family that dont know what it does or how it works, just told them the ususal, bug fixes, security fixes, most of the time makes ur pc faster. etc

i just got my cd this morning on the way out for school, turns out my dad picked it up from the gate 2 days ago. origin:germany! cool stuff. took it to school today, made everyone think im a freek by pointing to the envelop every 2 secs and saying SERVICE PACK 2! and changing any conversation so its about service pack 2 lol that was fun. then i asked the head teachers in charge of computers and they gave me the ok to install it on all the computers, then later on the "technology guy" got mad that i did, he doesnt know what hes doing i swear, i disabled the firewall cuz we already have one and blah blah i know what our needs are, and hes sooo stupid doesnt know what he is doing, he wants to remove sp2 i think. and thats how the whole campus got infected with the sasser worm like 2 or 3 weeks ago. all i got is one word DUMBASS

turns out this is his reason "Because Aramco isnt using it" WTF DOES ARAMCO HAVE TO DO WITH OUR SCHOOL!!! LOL i wanna smack him!

Hmm... do you and Tittles have the same teacher? :p Also you can edit your post instead of posting 4 in a row. :eek:

hes not a teacher hes the "technology guy" and hes so dumb he didnt know about the sasser worm patch, thats why it hit out whole school like 5 weeks ago. i dont know how they are paying him, the only thing that he has done right in my opinion is having winrar on all the computers instead of winzip, thats about it

lol...My teacher acted like it wasnt a big deal for a few weeks. I thought it was cause people would be doing work and of course the dumb dumb ones didnt think u could do anything cept wait for it to shutdown so they had to restart there stuff.

LOL, well it slows it down but it doenst pause it!

and btw, aramco is a huge corporation that might need to test sp2 before putting it on all their computers because they have thousands of thousands of computers! our school might have a bit over 100. and aramco is using sp2 my friends dad just got it installed a couple of days ago

3 CD's popped through my door today, two addressed to some very strange places

SP2CD-1.jpg

SP2CD-2.jpg

:p :D

SP2 installed on a clean install. Nice and neat, works like it should, except when i disable the firewall, i can't do any internet traffic anymore :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back