Order your free Windows XP SP2 CD

d_b said:
Received mine also. It says to pass to your freinds when your finished.
Thats odd ... Microsoft is threating Uni's doing this.

ordered my windows xp sp2 disc on August 25th and was told that I should receive it in 4-6 weeks...well it showed up today...don't know how that happened but I guess microsoft lied in a very good way!

I, also, ordered my XP SP2 disc on the 25th of Aug and received it in the mail on the 30th of Aug. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

The biggest onslaught of requests might not have taken place yet and MS is better off saying 4-6 weeks and it showing up early than saying 5-7 days and having it take longer. They don't need yet another reason for people to hate them! :p

rotjong

Updated to SP2 2 weeks ago but my friend is on dial up so I ordered one for him so hopefully it will be with me in a few days.

alan2273 said:
Updated to SP2 2 weeks ago but my friend is on dial up so I ordered one for him so hopefully it will be with me in a few days.

I updated on the 9th of Aug when they released the network install but I figured why not make Microsoft pay the production cost [yeah yeah, I know, it costs pennies to produce a CD but it's the principle] and the shipping. I actually hope every XP user requests a disc. Let Microsoft pay us back.

rotjong

Just got my CD today ... go M$ getting it to me in less then a week :D Who would have thunk it :p

Got mine at a 11 am today, with a big thankyou for my order.

Hmm, was the shipping always free? Last time I looked at this I could swear there was a shipping fee.

I just ordered a copy too, you gotta love free sh!t. :D

Yep free and took 13 days. I liked the cover, nice two tone grey and a nice blue cd, the cover states, Thank you for your order <--I liked that bit. Second class postage also, mine came from Southall London via Germany, odd usually it comes from EIRE.

I decided to get mine via snail mail myself three days ago i sent for it. We shall see how long it takes m$ to get it to me. Couldnt handle all of the wait time downloading it. frogg_mann 8)

chaos945 said:
Hmm, was the shipping always free? Last time I looked at this I could swear there was a shipping fee.
Shipping was always free since the beginning.

Xie said:
Just got my CD today ... go M$ getting it to me in less then a week :D Who would have thunk it :p
Yeah, that was a really quick shipment. Impressive.

I ordered mine on August 27... they said it will take 4-6 weeks.
sad.gif

~bk said:
I ordered mine on August 27... they said it will take 4-6 weeks.
sad.gif
I got 4-6 weeks also .. then got it 6 days :p
Thank you for ordering the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD. Microsoft has received your Order, and it is being processed. You can expect to receive your CD within 4-6 weeks.

Hmm.. still didn't receive mine. It's been a week now. I guess I'll have to wait longer.

Just got my CD this morning...

Case_1.jpg

back_left_right.jpg

CD.jpg

autorun.jpg

install_now.jpg

I got broadband so I did a slipstream install of XP the other day but my Dad don't trust anything I download to install on his PC so I'm glad I got the offcial CD it's going on his soon.

Sp2 arrives via snail mail in exactly 7 days

And now the installation will follow any suggestions before i start?
frogg_mann

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back