Optimus Keyboard

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I was cruising around THG when I came across this lovely piece of info:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/10/optimus_annoucement_feb1/

I wasn't quite sure when I first read about this keyboard a while back if it was really going to happen, looks like its going to be a reality soon enough. I am looking forward to what this keyboard is capable of, its a cool idea that's for sure.

Wanted one of these since I first saw the mock-up design. Just hope it doesn't cost a small fortune :D

from what they said, it may cost around the price of your high-tech-ish cell phone (~$250+) hope it's not THAT high..... $150 i MIGHT be able to deal with..... $100 would be just too good to be true.....

Yeah, unfortunately I think it might be closer to $300. I will need to be convinced its really worth it if it really is this high. From what I have read thus far though, it might be a very versatile piece of hardware that will change our lives :p

We will see soon enough!

why? I really find it hard to see this as anything more than a gadget.... If one wants to have display elsewhere I can think of better ideas than this for that money..

The concept would be cool though if it applied to EVERY key so that when you change language your keboard shows everything as it is correctly. But I do not believe from what I breifly scanned that this si what that keyboard does and this application would basically need OS codepage level support - which I do not believe exists....

Ehm... it does change every key. That's the whole idea of the board. You put caps lock on, your keys turn to caps, your open photoshop, it shows all your shortcuts etc.

Hmm if it is released on Feb 1 I should get a free one, it's my birthday dammit! :)

You guys can start a Admiral Michael's birthday gift fund to buy it for me :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back