Optical Mouse Refresh Tweak

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by omgsoup, Nov 19, 2002.

1. omgsoup

omgsoup OSNN Senior Addict

anyone know where i can get that program that lets you change how fast your optical mouse refreshs?
  2. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Had a good look around but came up blank....why do you need to increase the refresh rate?....if its about making your mouse more sensitive or smoother then maybe what i did might help(also which mouse do you have?)

I have a logitech usb mouse(optical with blue neon light)but the logitech drivers were a pain and the usb sensitivity did`t feel right so i used a usb-ps2 adapter then used some alternative drivers from trust.com (so i could use and map all extra buttons)then went into mouse propeties thru device manager (see attachment)where i could alter the settings shown untill i got "the feeling back"(needed when playing online many hours).
  3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    increasing the mouse refresh rate can make looking around movement noticeably smoother in first-person shooters. do what bony tony said. that's one of the first things i do after a reformat.

and you can use mouserate.exe to see how fast your mouse is updating. at 100 reports/sec, i get like 60hz... and at 200 reports/sec, i get 103hz. usb mice automatically get 100+hz at 100 reports/sec. anything more isn't worth it since your screen most likely doesn't refresh faster than that.