Opera Discussion

Why should it? The development team put a LOT of work into it, and need to generate some sort of revenue from those who don't wish to pay for their work.

using opera

using opera since its early stages (< 1mb) a couple off years ago, it now has
become a fully growen browser to be reckoned with. Have used it across
all distros (windows, unix & linux) one of its features is "refuse popup windows"
is a sheer delight!!!
No need for external programs to suppress popup windows.
I think they do (and still doing) a terrific job

That program is just a lanuch bar made to cover up the ad and provide a lanuch bar at the same time

I like the idea....I'm going to give that a go.

everyone knows I like my tool bar as small as possible, but if it has function, I might be able to stand it.

the adds are not a bandwidth issue, since they are downloaded all at once during idle time. (supposedly...is this true?)

thanx for the link yoyo

Good thing is that with a 19 inch monitor I barely even notice the ads compared to those unfortunate few who are stuck with 15" where it intrudes with the buttons :)

Nothing to do with monitor size, but the res you use.

the ads have never really bothered me, as it's not my main browser I don't really want to pay for it, so I don't mind supporting them by showing and occasionally clicking some adverts. :)

it's not the adds that bother me, it's the size of that whole area

Opera is a nice browser, I like it alot - except for the fact that it don't sho webpages right .. Once they fix that I will use it more.

i did install opera + use if for a short while......i didn't realy think "wow" though. i may have a look @ some of the advanced fetures now i know about them ;)

YIp .. here is the one with java
  • ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/722/en/java/ow32enen722j.exe
This is the free version by the way :)

Well I posted it last night before bed. Then it was posted on main frame a bit later (happens quite often when I stick it in applications).

Have to give the geeks their credit, it's a great site for new releases and other software.

When you say fweeee do you mean no adverts?

Originally posted by Leevoy
When you say fweeee do you mean no adverts?
No it has the adds - I would tell you how to get rid of the adds, but I can't do that here lol ..

Good Evening- Pllease bear with me as I'm new to the forum as a member.
Re: Opera- I've been a registered user for 2 plus years now and state I'm a big fan. MANY useful features and much better UI- especially when changing preferences. Just upgraded to 7.22- bad news is it crashed mutiple times when I hit the NTFS site and tried to read some forum messages (sigh). Currently running Firebird as I type. Hope the 7.22 ver. is not a regression. 7.21 seemed to finally solve some stability probs from earlier 7.x releases. Will watch the Opera forum closely over the next few weeks.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back