Open Link in New Window Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mattg1981, Apr 17, 2002.

1. mattg1981

mattg1981 Guest

I recently downloaded adshield and a vew other programs but I think it is adsheild that did this. Before, when a page was loading and I wanted to open a link in a new window, I could right click the link and go to open link in new window with no probelms. Well just a few days ago this problem started happening. While the page is loading, I cannot open a link in new winow anymore ... I click the button but nothing happens. I have to wait till the page is fully loaded or hit the stop button and then open the link in a new window works. How can I return to the old way of while a page is still loading, that function works. Can anyone help, Thanks!

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Its probably adsheild, its stopping popup windows while the page is loading and its including launching new windows as well. So bascily it s stoping any window from opening while the page is loading.
    Try disableing adshield and see if it still does it (just to make sure it is adshield). If everything works ok then see if there are any options in adsheild to allow types of new windows.

if not and you only want ot stop popup ads try pop-up stopper pro, it can tell the difference between opening a new windows and a pop-up

3. Binary

Binary Guest

4. suicide_pact

suicide_pact ---pro a.v. geek

firefox would sort you out, and you wouldn't need adshield.

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Oh wow...this thread is two and a half years old, man. Firefox didn't even exist at the time. [​IMG]

6. suicide_pact

suicide_pact ---pro a.v. geek

man, my bad I guess I found a link when i was a.d.d.'ing. sorry 'bout that. time for more adderall.

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Back in the days before ad blocking and anti-spyware campaigns :)