Open GL

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
I have a Pentium 466 MHz Celeron , Intel 810 Chipset , with the motherboard having an inbuilt 4MB AGP card.
I have 192 MB of RAM and I am running Windows XP Pro.

So, Can I ever hope to run Quake 3 on this system ?
If yes, where can I get the latest Open GL drivers for XP ?
The motherboard's homepage doesnt have any updates for this.

Thanx in advance ! :)

I'm gonna go with no. I personally think most your machine is up to the task, but the 4MB graphics card is a major killer, I'm confused by what you meant by inboard agp? AGP is a slot that you put cards in, not one that's built into the motherboard (but I could be wrong)

Actually, I think your system should do alright. My old system (now the wife's) was a P3 600, with a 4MB AGP, and it ran Unreal Tournament fine. Just make sure you have all the updated DirectX and drivers you need, and I believe Q3 would run decent on yours.

Try 640x480 with medium resolution first, and then bump up the setting until you see a drop in framerate. When you see the difference, you will know your limitations.

I am able to run Unreal tournament alright but Quake 3 gives an error saying "Could not launch Open GL Subsystem "

no way

your system is good enough, way pass the Q3 requirement on processor (PII 300 i think). but in my opinion it won't or almost impossible to run it on a 4mb vid card. because the OpenGL instructions are hardware dependent...they are embedded inside a vga chip which has 16mb+ of video ram...i think u should hav to purchase a new video card... NVIDIA TNT2 M64 works fine enough.

Try finding out what make your card is. Then go to their site and d/l the XP (or if not available 2000) drivers with gl support.

I think StingRay is right , I have read in the specs that a 16 MB card is required.Anyway , thanx for all the help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back