online job postings?

mooo

thecyberninja
My company is looking to hire someone in the engineering/CAD field and I was wondering if anyone knew online sites that are free to post the jobs? so far all the ones I have found are like $300+ thanks

Hehe .. just want to show u somethin :p
Progress_by_Cosmindesign.jpg

Zoom

Cosmin

We do custom Cabinets but I guess craigslist will work for starters. I didn't know places charged so much just for a 1 time posting. Hell I thought most would be free or cheaper than the $300 places like monster.com and ajcjobs.com charges. I don't see why companies pay so much but i guess they get what they pay for.

kcnychief, tried a few of those and they say its "free" but in the long run you have to pay to post. I hate how they trick the consumer.

mooo said:
kcnychief, tried a few of those and they say its "free" but in the long run you have to pay to post. I hate how they trick the consumer.
Damn the man I say, damn the man....

dreamliner77 said:
$300 is not a lot of money to spend for finding an employee.

especially if they are the right one for the job.

Especially an enginner/CAD programmer.

yea, but since its kind of a selected pos. I am afraid it would get lost in monster and the other websites.. I asked the owner and he knew a few woodworking forums that allowed to post jobs for $2 a post and its worked pretty well and surprising Craigslist actually turned out about 5 interested people.

My firm uses Monster now and again. We have better luck with the local papers.

madmatt said:
My firm uses Monster now and again. We have better luck with the local papers.

LOL of course you would, you are in New York, and if you are not IN NYC,NY you still will get many apps who want NOT to have to travel in and out of the city... EDIT: provided you are near the city that is...

Upstate actually. We got hits, but the people never worked out.

Yeah, if the Times is one of the local papers we're talking about... :D What is the readership on that thing anyways? It's got to be rather high, as far as newspapers go. Newspapers in other cities/towns won't tend to see the readership of the NYT though...

As to the fee, I'd think that how much, would be a lot would also depend on the size of the company. Just here locally, forget size of, we do have Intel as a local employer on one side of the fence. $300 for a job posting for them, would be like nothing. But then I've seen some smaller businesses that only employ like 5 or 6 people. For the smaller business, $300 could seem like a lot. I'm not sure what the size of mooo's company is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back