On Screen Display for Volume

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by JSylvia007, Apr 28, 2004.

1. JSylvia007

JSylvia007 OSNN Junior Addict

I'm looking for an OSD program for volume control. Many drivers have them build in, but the ones for my laptop do not. I was wondering if anyone had come across software that would popup a little display when you press the volume buttons up and down.

~Jake

2. Elroy Jetson

Elroy Jetson Little Dipper School

why not use the volume icon in the task bar? start-setting-control panel-sounds...

works well here.

3. Elroy Jetson

Elroy Jetson Little Dipper School

btw: Ctrl+S changes the view of the little application from full to brief! very handy to save space on the desctop!

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

What laptop are you using? The laptop manufacturers themselves sometimes provide utilities like these for machines with multimedia keys.
    For my laptop, as an example, Dell provides a utility called QuickSet that's used for a variety of things. One of the functions built into it an OSD when you use the volume controls on the keyboard.

5. JSylvia007

JSylvia007 OSNN Junior Addict

yea... im aware of all these things... but my laptop manufacturer (HP) doesnt have software to do it...

~Jake

6. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

a long shot, but look on the hp site for an older pavilion model that came with 98 or ME and there should be an updated driver mulitmedia kbd driver for 2k/xp. This may work because it's not an actually keyboard driver but just drivers for the specific multimedia/internet keys.

7. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

My Compaq laptop has volume and mute keys on the side as well as 5 shirtcut buttins in the top. I can enable/disable the volume in screen option in the keyboard properties. (Had to install the Utilities Package)

8. Oks

Oks OSNN One Post Wonder

9. Keshik

Keshik OSNN Addict

Maybe try winbar?
    winbar.nl

I use it, and I quite like it...

10. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

what are shirtcut buttins?

11. benji91364

benji91364 OSNN One Post Wonder