omg.. f this - read

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by McCoy2k, Jun 13, 2002.

1. McCoy2k

McCoy2k Guest

there wasnt a section specifically for this kinda prob. but i saw alot of post counts and posted here.. plz read.

i was bout to make a playlist with all of my mp3s onto a text file... bla bla skip the crap.. i ended up renameing a mp3 while all the other mp3 files were selected... so yea. u can guess what happend.. all the other files changed into the same name just with the # after it. 935 songs... somebody please tell me there is a way to get the original file names back.... i tried a system restore. didnt work.. i need help seriously...

2. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Well I dont if it can be done now but whenever something anything happens like a bad rename or you move a folder file or whatever and you immediately know you made a mistake... just push ctrl+z and it will undo what you have done.
    Dont know if this helps right now but it is good for future use...

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

so you didnt click edit and undo straight after then. OMG sounds like you have to play each and every song and try to rename it :confused: 986 :(

4. McCoy2k

McCoy2k Guest

j;lkjsad;fjadsl;fkjasl;fkjasl;kf

this is a serious bitch....
    it was in a window from my mp3 player sonique... i was adding songs and this is where the accident happend. no edit-undo option.. god, please take my life =(

5. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

ALWAYS REMEMBER ctrl+z...it is a god send... sorry for you situation

:) :) :)

6. McCoy2k

McCoy2k Guest

alright, thnx for the help.. imma dumbass

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

nah u just fell into the 'oops' catagory

8. freightgod

freightgod Confused and Bewildered

Idea of little help, but what the heck:

Sort all your .mp3's by creation date. At least that way you'll probably be able to rename in bunches if you copied them off cd's a few at a time. If not, then no help at all I guess. So sad!!!!!

9. GraLk

GraLk Guest

In future....

Oh man, that really would upset me...gotta lot of mp3's.

I guess you know, but in future, if you have the space, 'BACK 'EM UP' before doing any "cleaning up". Saves on the "Ooops" factor a bit...hehe j/k

GraLk

10. niabi

niabi Guest

if your mp3 have ID tags you can use this program http://surf.to/mptagger to rename the files acording to the ID tag, most of them do have ID tags, and i think it beats the hell out of renaming 1 by 1 :)

God Luck

nIabI

11. riscy

riscy OSNN Addict

Try playing them in MusicMatch Jukebox and then getting it to rename by accessing CDDB if they do not have tags.

12. McCoy2k

McCoy2k Guest

cool i'll try that thanks.. i also tried the tag renamer thing. it helped for like. 15% of the files. the rest renamed to some crap or didnt rename at all. but thnx for the idea!

13. McCoy2k

McCoy2k Guest

it works for the most part. but i need musicmatch jukebox plus.. not basic.. grr

14. Eck

Eck .user

Email me or instant message me on AIM using the screenname "Eck". I can help you with that. =D By the way, that would fscking suck. Heh