Omega Drivers and nVidia...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by zapoqx, Jun 28, 2005.

1. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

I have been really intrigued with Omega Drivers. I was intrigued back when there was StarStorm drivers for nVidia...
    But I must know, how good are Omega Drivers on nVidia cards compared to other 3rd party drivers I've seen out there in places like guru3d.com?
    (Such as:
    Zer0point
    NGO
    Xtreme
    DNA-Force etc)

2. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

I've only experienced Omega from the ATI side Zapoqx - but he does tweak up NVidea drivers as well.

Keep in mind the kid is a tester for ATI - so naturally he probably spends more time on ATI driver modding.

The performance is awesome, his drivers have always smoothed out my gaming experience. Usually pick up a couple hundred points in benchmarking when all is said and done.

New drivers based off Catalyst 5.6 are out:

http://www.treiber-koenig.de/download.php?list.15

3. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I've used them both on ATI and NVidia cards (I have a 9800 and a 5900), and I haven't been impressed by them on either. I don't see any visible quality increases or really much framerate increases, but some people seem to swear by them. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

4. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

prolly due to the fact that the 9800 k*%s a$&.

I see the increase with my 9600XT w/ Overdrive enabled. (software overclocker - goes by heat of card)

5. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

hmm ok