Old Video Cards

A

adamg

Which of the following cards would be faster:

Leadtek Riva TNT 16MB
or
Matrox Millenium G450 32MB

I'd say the matrox card from memory. Wait for other opinions though. :)

Neither! Seriously.

Matrox is half the speed of a GE2 MX 32 (whatever that was). It was also slammed for compatibility issues. Circa 2000
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20001208/index.html

TNT 16meg does not have enough ram fro anything besides office applications. Circa 1999 (barely)
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/19990105/index.html

What were you going to try and use them for?

If they are your ownly options I would go with the tnt 16 for compatibility reasons. If you can spring for a few bucks get something in the GE MX or a used old GE2 GTS.

haha! i have a riva tnt 16mb. i'm saving it along with an old k6-2 300mhz and ALi board. someday i'll put it together and install 98se on it for kicks.

a few months back my friend's gf4ti went out and the only extra card we had was the riva. it ran cs at 800x600 pretty well.
:cool:

I have got a Matrox Mystique 2MB card on an old P200 system running windows 2K! Don't think it could hack much more than win 2K!

i got several voodoo 3000 16mb... (actualli not several, almost 20 pieces of this crap ;) )
still can play cs, red alert+++ but have to disable all those high resoultion things lo....

Voodoo cards rock man. I've got a 1mb S3 virge running win98, man teh frames that things puts out. My friends are like ooh ahhh, what card is that? Overclocks like nothing else dued. yeah...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back