Old Video Cards

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by adamg, Aug 9, 2003.

1. adamg

adamg Guest

Which of the following cards would be faster:

Leadtek Riva TNT 16MB
    or
    Matrox Millenium G450 32MB

2. jumpy

jumpy Guest

I'd say the matrox card from memory. Wait for other opinions though. :)

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Neither! Seriously.

Matrox is half the speed of a GE2 MX 32 (whatever that was). It was also slammed for compatibility issues. Circa 2000
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20001208/index.html

TNT 16meg does not have enough ram fro anything besides office applications. Circa 1999 (barely)
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/19990105/index.html

What were you going to try and use them for?

If they are your ownly options I would go with the tnt 16 for compatibility reasons. If you can spring for a few bucks get something in the GE MX or a used old GE2 GTS.

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

haha! i have a riva tnt 16mb. i'm saving it along with an old k6-2 300mhz and ALi board. someday i'll put it together and install 98se on it for kicks.

a few months back my friend's gf4ti went out and the only extra card we had was the riva. it ran cs at 800x600 pretty well.
    :cool:

5. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

I have got a Matrox Mystique 2MB card on an old P200 system running windows 2K! Don't think it could hack much more than win 2K!

6. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

i got several voodoo 3000 16mb... (actualli not several, almost 20 pieces of this crap ;) )
    still can play cs, red alert+++ but have to disable all those high resoultion things lo....

7. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Voodoo cards rock man. I've got a 1mb S3 virge running win98, man teh frames that things puts out. My friends are like ooh ahhh, what card is that? Overclocks like nothing else dued. yeah...