old Futuremark 3DMark2001 SE Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
3d Mark 2001SE Scores

I just installed a new Leadtek Geforce 4 Ti4400.

System Specs:
AMD Athlon Xp 1700+
MSI KT266 Mobo
Leadtek Winfast Geforce 4 Ti4400
256 Meg DDR Ram

My 3DMark 2001SE Score was 8888.
This is on a fresh install of Win2k with just Service Pack 2 installed. I'm very happy with the performance of my new card and would recommend it to anyone.

you should try o/c it a touch with the program that came with the card (winfox).

by the way is youre card as noisy as mine is?

Originally posted by fitfella29
you should try o/c it a touch with the program that came with the card (winfox).

by the way is youre card as noisy as mine is?

I can't hear the card over my 4 80mm panaflo's so no it's not noisy at all.

See my sig
it is 3dmark 2k1 SE
forgot to put the SE in
but you can go to the url and check it out

Originally posted by desimatrix007
See my sig
it is 3dmark 2k1 SE
forgot to put the SE in
but you can go to the url and check it out

if you get rid of that geforce2 you should see a huge improvement in gaming performance. I just upgraded to a Geforce 4 Ti4400 from an MX400 and let me tell you. The difference is night and day. Windows runs smoother, games run flawlessly at 1600X1200 Rez. Keep in mind I do have a 1.46 GHZ Processor but you should still see some hug improvment. I quadrupled my 3dMark score when I upgraded the video card. Just something to think about.

I just did 8114 on my UT machine... ANd still have some OCing to do the Geforce3Ti200...

im thinkin im gonna leave this computer alone
n jus build a whole new one
wid amd
n the works
hehehe
wats the best o/c'n athlon xp??

That's awhole 'nother thread right there... Motherboards, CPU steppings and Ram...

DX9 and 225/450 got me 8202...

-edit- I'm so hooked on this latest computer of mine... 8277 with the 29.42Detonators...

30 mark increase with 29.42 dentonators.

Now I've 2660 3DMark2001SE points!

(Pentium 4 1.4Ghz + Geforce 2mx400)

Patrick

True,,, You may bench at that... But at what resolution do you play your games?!? That's why I bench there... But I'm rerunning at the higher resolution...

-edit- 7249@1024X768X32

BTW... Where did you post your scores?!? I just took a quick look through this thread and did'nt see it...

I don't know what size monitor you have but 1280X1024 on my 17" makes most things very small... I just thought I'd try UT at that resolution...

Cool... You have yours OC'd more than mine... Do you have stock cooling?!? My last one was lapped and had Artic3,,, This time I was thinking of a BOrb or even a 1U HSf... My core tops out at 230...

I tried 230/500 earlier... Scored close to 7300 but everything had spikes... :)...

i know i'm late, but i didn't bother reading this thread til now... and i'm kind of courious about something...

why are electronic punk's (athlon xp 1700+, gf3 ti200) results higher than mine (athlon 1.4, gf2 gts)... except both high polygon count tests? mine are considerably higher.. matter of fact, my scores in those two tests are almost equal to a lot of the gf3 tests i see and not too far behind some gf4's..

this looks like an extremely gpu-intensive test as opposed to cpu, but is it? maybe the gf2's and gf3's have the same lighting technology? i dunno... just wondering

also, E.P.'s shows a 66mhz fsb... maybe this was it? hope he got that figured out.

yeah, i realize the gf3's have pixel shader support and a load of other things over the gf2's... was just looking for an explanation why mine did better on that particular test than his.

... and since you gotta better score with a slower proc, i'm going to assume he has a flaw in his configuration... maybe the 66mhz fsb is right.

I get 9600 marks with my 1800XP and Geforce 4 ti4600.
It comes up as being pretty much the 3dmark average. However if i didnt run my games in 1600x1200 res i'd say buying a geforce4 of this nature is a waste of ones cash at this time. I had this one giving to me for reason's unexplained but I'll be truly honest...when the new ATI R300 is released somebody is gonna get themselves a sweet deal on a geforce 4 ti4600 :p

Does anyone else think that comparing my geforce 4 4600 to all these other cards in 3dmark is just silly.... your comparing a geforce 4 card that shines in high resolutions above 1024 but benching it at 1024 in 3dmark for the sake of competing with older cards is rediculas. Im not bitter I just feel somethign like 3dmark is silly when comparing vid cards in a res such as 1024.

Most newer cards run very close in 1024 resolution until you pump up the res you dont see a dif on new cards. I think 3dmark should raise there standard benching resolution to 1280x1024 or something for real world statistics.

For the record and to get away from this 1024 resolution nonsense.... If i turn on 2xAA in 1024res I get approx 8500 3dmarks. I think we should all start posting out 3dmark benches with Anti ALiasing enabled at 2x.

Peace:D

I'm just getting in to 'clocking' my system a little bit, I'm aiming to get a good performance increase but without lossing any stability or reliability. My system runs WinXP and the only time I reboot it is when one of the virus or windows updates say they require it.

Based on the system spec below what do people think of these scores. At the moment I'm only overclocking the graphics card to the technicall spec of its components. Thats 500/200. I added some extra cooling just to be sure, 'better safe than sorry'. (Thermaltake Crystal Orb, Thermaltake Memory Heatsink & Heat Spreader Kit).

Here's the results.

Before: http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3694739
After: http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3733354

As you can see I use the techno-garb drivers and would highly recommend them. With just the driver change I managed to push it up just over 100 points.

My question, finally, is how much do people think i can easly push the MB and memory to improve the performance of the system without 'really pushing' it. :D

System spc: (I'll sort a sig at some point).

Asus A7V333 with Athlon 1800XP
3x 256MB PC2100 DDR
Maxtor 40GB IDE 7200rpm ATA100
Primary Graphics: Asus V8200 64Mb/DDR/GeForce3 Titanium 200
Secondary Graphics: Creatice 32Mb/SDR/GeForce2
blah blah ....

Looking back over that I really should make an effort to bring my components upto spec, ATA133 HD's, PC2700 DDR etc.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back