Ok now im pissed off at my Leadtek...

my stock cooler is silent even after beiong pushed for hours on end and doesnt get as far as 40C...

Yeah I have the same problem as the original poster. The fan is just going out. This isn't due to overclocking its due to a cheap component. I don't know if you've looked at the fan in this card but its cheap. I currently have a 120mm fan blowing on the card and that works great to keep the temps down in the 50C range. All I want is a replacement fan. I don't want to send in the entire card. The fan should only be a few dollars to produce and ship. I called the tech support line and left a message but they haven't called me back yet... kind of rude. I'm going to call them again this week and ***** them out.

i'm debating if i wanna buy a new cooler for my 7800GT...... been looking/drooling at the Accelero X1

7800GT's don't need better cooler fans than the one that comes with them. I have a PNY PCI-E 256 7800GT and it runs nice and cool. Now when I get the 2nd one, then I might need more fans than the 6 I already have (not including the one attached to the CPU and the one on the GFX card..)

hmm.... wish i'da read this stuff earlier. lol.

LA: the reason your card doesn't go over 40c at stock is cause you have a 7 series.... he has a 6 series. the 6 series runs quite a bit hotter than the 7 does. hell, i think my 6800GT used to idle in the high 40's to the low 50's.... depending on the room temp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back