ok, car magic to go with windows magic

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
just feeling frisky, this isn't really magic but cool info if you rent cars;

the gas tank icon in your display has the gas sprout on the same side that you fill up

My car has a little arrow pointing to the side that the gas-tank is located :)

But naturally, I actually remember which side my gas-tank is :D

If I get within 35 miles of empy, my entire screen lights up and says "nearest gas station located HEEYAH, fill-up or else". Something like that anyways.

Mine does not even have a light that lights up, let alone a way to warn me and tell me where the nearest gas station is!

GPS (capitalized)

I have a warning light, then when I have about 5 miles left it will start stuttering under acceleration. That is enough of a warning.

You never want to have your car go that low. It screws up the engine.

My car knows when I am hungry.

LOL, I once got an email talking about that icon trick but when I checked my car it doesn't do that.

When my tank gets low I have a Message Center that shows a pic of the gas pump. It's kind of like an LCD screen.

LOL, I once got an email talking about that icon trick but when I checked my car it doesn't do that.

When my tank gets low I have a Message Center that shows a pic of the gas pump. It's kind of like an LCD screen.
actually, I've now been told even when you can see the icon the pump thingy is not always in the right spot anyway

this looks like another false urban myth

norm its on the drivers side anyway - unless you have a volvo :p

I remember reading that then forgetting what it was, looking in my car at the fuel gauge and trying to remember what the hell the deal was.

Now I remember :D

norm its on the drivers side anyway - unless you have a volvo :p

It should be on the opposite side so when you open the door, you don't ding it on the guard rail thingers at gas stations.

Mine is on the opposite side and I appreciate that :D

i have never had that problem then again i never park that close to the pump

It should be on the opposite side so when you open the door, you don't ding it on the guard rail thingers at gas stations.

Mine is on the opposite side and I appreciate that :D
that's assuming he has a nice car, we are not all as uber wealthy as u r to worry about dinging car doors

that's assuming he has a nice car, we are not all as uber wealthy as u r to worry about dinging car doors

That implies that if you don't have a nice car, you are obviously either a dinger or a dingee?

:eek:

:smoker:

Sry, I just wanted to post something with "dingee" in the sentence.

You never want to have your car go that low. It screws up the engine.
Untrue.

It can burn out the submersed fuel pumps in todays cars that require gasoline to dissipate the heat generated without the fuel sloshing over the electric pump motor to cool it it becomes hot and burns out. Modern cars with injection use high pressure systems 40-60PSI or higher (GM's can run as high as 80PSI) and the pumping action when two criteria are found to be true, low fuel causing less pump cooling and aerated fuel causes the pump to work harder. In the winter fill your tank full to keep out condensation, in the summer try to run at 3/4 tank to prevent thermal loss due to evaporation and dumping through the canister.

My olds has 209K on it now and the only part I have had to replace is the ABS assembly due to me driving the hell out of it and perfecting borderline braking. I change the oil at 12K miles with 0W40 synthetic and Strata pore Fleetguard filters, use K&N air filter and change the tranny fluid at 50K with Mobil 1 Synthetic. I beat the hell out of it and it runs as good as the day it was new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_pump

?

I always thought if you let your car run out of gas and it starts knocking that it was a bad thing.

:(

I don't know much about the new fuel injector technology but I am certain the filters used at the gas station aren't always clean

for instance, you notice sometimes you have a really slow pump and if you go back to the station a month or so later the pump is fast, this is because they changed their filter.

there's residue in the gas you use, your car has a filter as well

that's sludge, it doesn't blend it rests at the bottom of your tank

I kind of think the lower you get your gas the more concentraion of this sludge that's going to be crossing your filter

now I happen to agree, the filter should do a sufficient job cleaning that sludge but in my opinion you're gonna clog your filter quite a bit sooner if you run your tank down to the bottom

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back