Official Windows Vista and Office 2007 packaging

I was going to make fun of you guys for caring what the packaging looked like until I SAW it.

I will be having one of those black ones. :D

I was going to make fun of you guys for caring what the packaging looked like until I SAW it.

I will be having one of those black ones. :D
That's right, you know you love it too ;)

This was on Flickr... :)

286546536_82ea90042b.jpg

Last edited:
64bit only disk, guess there will be two in there unless its just concept... but then 64 and 32 hae been seperate downloads for a while now.

64b was quite a bit larger in size too.

Yeah, I imagine there is alot of shared content between the two, so could fit on a single layer DVD most likely, but would prob confuse "simple" users if it asked them which version they wanted to install.

Will be interesting to see how it is going to be handled.

Format / re-install not count?

If format and re-install does not count then it seems you could setup multiple PC's with the same hardware and use one copy of Vista for them all.

Not entirely true, while that might have been true for the initial release of XP, they are now tying in some information specific to the hardware of the mobo and HDD to the install per product key...

I am not 100% of WHAT they use... but it is a function of gathering hardware information and running it through an algorythm inside of Vista... XP (after SP2? I think) has it as well... Im not sure what the differences are...

NETS... care to enlighten us? Or is that part of your NDA?

According to what I posted above, it is said to be the Hard Drive AND another serious component, such as the motherboard.

I don't think anything is clear as of yet...

According to what I posted above, it is said to be the Hard Drive AND another serious component, such as the motherboard.

I don't think anything is clear as of yet...

I really dont see how they can enforce this, it sounds to me like a way for MS to force people to prove they are using the same machine...

However, in the meanwhile, the only people it will affect are the ones who are responsible and have legitimate licenses...

I have seen this too many times with XP alone...

My bet: consumer protection groups will get involved as soon as one person who has upgraded their PC one too many times by MS's definition and refuses to activate the product again...

Seriously thats like Ford or GM or any other car manufacturer saying they wont work on your vehicle because it doesnt look like a ford anymore...
:eek:

Finally some new icons! Although I could just get someone to rip those out from Vista for me :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back