Official nVidia Detonators 40.40

I LOST OVER A 1000 POINTS
I USED TO GET 10600 ODD POINT BUT WENT DOWN TO 9800 ODD DUR TO ME LOSING VIA 4.42 DRIVER AND SOMEHOW NOT BEING ABLE TO GETTING THEM TO INSTALL NOW SO I USE 4.37'S

NOW I USED NEW NVIDIA DRIVER AND I GOT 8500 EXACTLY,I WILL BE BINNING THESE AND USING OLD ONES AGAIN OR MIGHT RETRY WITH LEAKED 31.00'S

AM I ONLY ONE TO LOSE.

(HECK SORRY ABOUT CAPS)

hm, these drivers work great for me.. i get a good boost in framerates.

some people are having troubles with going into their properties because of the new layout.

i'll post my 3dmark score later.

misfire, did you have any trouble with the refresh rate? My games all start at 60fps with the new drivers. Did you use a fix or did the drivers just work? Thanks.

Caligo, u need to turn vsync off

and i used rivatuner for refresh rate fix.

this is what mine looks like

Re: What can i use......

Originally posted by razor_ro
Can i use Detonators Destroyer to remove my old nvidia drivers in XP?? i am currently using the 30.82's and i wanna install these 40.41 drivers properly so i can get full performance from my 4200 :D ....... anyone have any good steps to do this?? thx

RaZoR

ps.... back to the question at hand, .... is this 25% increase in performance true?? if so, this is BS, the only reason they are releasing these drivers is because of ATI and the KING (9700), meaning that all the other drivers released before were never fully optimized, and have been holding back our GF cards performance hopefully these drivers boost up GF cards performance the way they should be.... its all marketing schemes..... grrrrr

what i did was, right click on my computer -> manage -> device Manager, and uninstall my display adapter. don't restart.

then i went to add/remove programs, and unistalled nvidia drivers, restarted, installed the new ones.

3dmark ends at the end of game 3 for me

these drivers work ok for me
Gave me a good point boost
went from 9800 using 30.82s to 10900 with the new 40.41s
and no overclocking whatso ever

mug what via drivers u using as i cant get 4.42 to reinstall even after renaming as told to i lot over 2000 point i have reverted to old official nvidia driver and removed dx 9 add on for 3d but cant remove dx 9b beta so am having probs getting dx 8.1 download for xp all for 98/me/2000 as xp built in.i might try repair but im sure a site had a download to restore dx after testing beta stuff.
im also removed refresh progg to try get back to the first time i tested new g-force 4ti4600 and got 10600 odd 3d mark.

If anyone knows of a refresh fix for these new 40.41 drivers, let us know.

hi john
sorry I dont run via drivers
the only way to get rid of dx9 i know of is to format the system
and besides it is beta and buggy..
I have resisted the temptation to install that on my system and am prepared to wait for the official release.

dont bother trying nvrt 1.0........ goku
It dont work
has anybody else got the nvrt tool ver 1.0 to work
even their website link dont work

Originally posted by BobTheBuilder
3D Mark stops near the end

:( Me too Bob
Sacked them off & reverted back to 30.82
ran 3D mark & got my best scores yet
:confused:

at what level does it stop 2zigzag
Have u got the latest version of 3dmark 2001se ??

YES REFORCE works with all nvidia drivers and dont **** it up by changing colour to 16 bit in some games and tv-out like nvidia fix progg

Will it make sense using the new driver on a RIVA TNT 16MB grahic card? Not using detonator driver at the moment.
Has anyone tried it yet on a TNT?

for those having proplems with detonators 40.41 control panel i just saw this over at warp2search.

The new 40.41 Detonators' Control Panel doesn't work if you had installed a localized older Detonator before. To solve the problem, simply delete the 2 obsolete Files nvrsXX.dll and nvcpXX.hlp in your windowssystem32 folder , where XX is your language code. Additionally the file nvqtwk.dll from older drivers isn't needed anymore so you should also delete it to be sure."

so yeah you need to uninstall your previous drivers before updating to 40.41.

NOTE:--

The nvcpXX.hlp files are in your windows help directory...

These drivers rock....

Here is some more additional information courtesy of our friends at warp2search as well....

i deleted the three files as stated in the post and it worked for me...except that the hlp file is in windowshelp and not system32
but the desktopmanager/nview stuff still was in my language and it was the old one not the new one
so i searched for other localized files and found these 2:
nvwrsXX.dll (windowssystem32)and nvwcpXX.hlp(windowshelp)
after deleting them you can use the new and shiny NVIEW 2 ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back