Office XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Ci2e, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

I would really like to install Office XP on my system to finish up some really easy skill drills in Excel. The problem lies within the Office application itself. After about a week or so I start seeing Office XP Home website and it just comes out of no where. I didn't open it it's like on a timer or something- I really really! need to know how to disable this. please I am begging someone!

I don't care as long as the fix doesn't harm or make other parts of my system non-functional; such as editing the registry or some other method I obviosly haven't found on my own; but I know someone out there has to know the fix, someone has Office XP running without pop-up web pages coming up on them automatically... right?...

2. Tope

Tope Guest

Sounds like a registration reminder, CiRe. Did you register it when you installed it? If not, it has probably entered a reminder in msconfig. Run msconfig and see, if it did, untick the entry.

Start/Run, type, msconfig hit OK, click Startup tab.

3. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

I know for a fact its not b/c of registration; It says no where on that ie pop up about registering office xp. It's like a home page- since I don't have Office currently installed I can't give the exact web page- let me install it and see what I find- I'll post back here soon.