Office XP Upgrade Question?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by engel59, Jun 23, 2002.

1. engel59

engel59 Guest

I have Office 2000 Professional installed on my Windows XP system. I just purchased the Office XP Standard Upgrade. I do plan on un-installing Office 2000 before installing the Office XP Upgrade Software. Before doing this I have a couple of questions.

1) When saving files in Office XP, will anyone using Offices 2000 or 97 be able to read or write to these files (Word, Excel, Outlook, or Power-Point)?

2) When I save my Exported Backup.pst file using Outlook 2000 will I be able to Import it back into Outlook XP?

If there are any other issues I might have forgotten or work around I might need, please let me know.

2. allan

allan Guest

Yes and Yes, but there's no reason to manually uninstall the old version before installing Office XP. In fact, because you bought the upgrade, it will look for the old version so it can install. Just go ahead and run the upgrade and let it do its thing.

3. zoey

zoey Guest

:D :D Yep

4. engel59

engel59 Guest

Thanks.

I was pretty sure on the .pst file, I just wasn't sure on the file formats. I would hate to write a resume and find out, after I sent it, that the person on the other end couldn't read it.

5. allan

allan Guest

In real life I'm a principal with an Executive Search firm (specializing in CIO's and their direct reports). Many of the resumes I receive are not readable - and it has absolutely nothing to do with format compatability.;)

Anyway, this time around MS did it right - XP's formatting is backward compatable.