Office XP officially goes sp3

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lee, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Got it today. Stupid though, it says you can download the full file so that you can install it without the cd. So I downloaded that since I didn't have access to the cd, and when I tried installing it.... it kept asking for the damn cd. STUPID!!!!!

3. dubstar

dubstar format c:

thanks for the notice.

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Dunno didn't say nowt to me about without CD. I have CD's licenced ones of course.

This set of Office applications will be the last I buy, maybe except frontpage.
    I like frontpage.
    Seems they release a service pack each year for the XP/2002 series. I think this will be the second last, I think it will hit SP4!

5. Mr. K

Mr. K OSNN Occasional

Anyone have any problems with SP3? The "Windows in taskbar" option is Excel doesn't work properly anymore--there's an icon for each open spreadsheet in my taskbar, but only a single Excel window, which contains all the spreadsheets as if the "Windows in taskbar" option is disabled, is displayed.

Also, Outlook now asks if I want to allow access to my address book whenever I compose an email--is there a way to permanently suppress this prompt (rather than having to do it every new Outlook session)?

Thanks for any tips you might provide...

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I always do a detect and repair thingy bob.

To be quite honest I never use excell so can't help you!

The only XP I have for office is 2002/XP which is from works suite, the excell, outlook and powerpoint is 2000.

7. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

I wasn't talking about unlicenced copies. The MS site says the full file allows admins to install the service pack if/when they dont have the cds to hand.
    I had left my CD in my room and couldn't be bothered to run around the house just to use it for a few secs then put it back again. :p

8. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Ddin't say you didn't have unlicenced copies.

Just I remember reading their statement, which said they now go checking for dodgy copies.

Wasn't accusing nowt. If it seems like I was, I apologise, all i said/mean is as I said I didn't see anything about not needing a cd's. :)