office xp excel question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by squealysp, Aug 22, 2002.

1. squealysp

squealysp Guest

Ever since I installed Office XP everything works fine except Excel. The program itself works fine, but every fifth or sixth time I open the program, it starts installing an "Excel Feature". I have uninstalled and reinstalled telling the program to run everything from my computer, but it still does the same thing. What could be my problrm? Also, when I try to install the first service pack for office xp it says some .tmp file has probably already been patched or something and shuts down the service pack install. What is god's name is going on? Thanx for any help.
  2. elderec

elderec Guest

My office programs do the same thing, just keep the installation media on your harddrive. As far as the SP1 install you need to slipstream it, same instructions apply for SP2.

check this out:
  3. squealysp

squealysp Guest

So... I reinstalled Office XP and installed everything and told it to run everything from my computer. I still get the same problem every several times I open Excel. It was looking for PROTRI.MSI so I copied it from the CD to the folder and then it started looking for, but I could find it nowhere. Anyone know why it keeps asking to install this extra feature? Thanks for the help.