Office 2010 Beta available on MSDN/Technet

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I am downloading the beta that is now available. Still thinking about grabbing Visio 2010 while I am at it, but I'll probably wait.

I am intrigued by some of the features being touted for 2010 :D

Fyi, the downloads are for Professional Beta, x86 or x64.

Attachments

• Office 2010.jpg
    Office 2010.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 173
just installed x64 bit today and am starting to play with it too..

on a side note, kind of silly that it requires you uninstall EVERY 32-bit office product before it lets you install the x64 bit version.

edit: oh.. just downloaded the visio 2010 also and will be installing that tomorrow.. maybe tonight if I feel motivated enough.

I installed the x64 version from the beta public site. Fell in love with the TP so I had to get this one. Love it, fast, clean.

They moved all the options around. Figuring out where they put them all is going to take some paying attention.

I don't like Backstage. It's literally like opening a new window just to see the menu option. I prefer Office 2007 layout where it's just a drop down menu with the document visible in the background.

btw, the beta is open to all - at least the 32-bit version for home and business users.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx

Well you guys go and complain about the office programs I don't know about.

I will enjoy my fast Word, Excel and Powerpoint lol

not seeing the options to customise the outlook colours and whatnot...

For those who do not have MSDN or a Technet subscription and want to try Office 2010 there is also a free public download of the beta.

CLICK

At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, I like the features, improvements and robustness of Office 2007 and 2010, but I use Addintools' Classic Menu for Office 2007 since I'm an old dog and am resistant to learning new tricks. They have a beta (albeit, old...from June) for Office 2010, as well. You can still use the ribbon just as well, and switch back and forth on the fly with little effort. When I was more heavily using Excel, I was actually switching back and forth depending on which options I was looking for. Some were easier to find on the ribbon, other more common were of course easy for me to remember where they were in the old menu system.

FYI if you follow any other links to their homepage and beyond you might reach a similar download page as the one I provided, but the download links (at least for Classic Menu for Office 2010) didn't work.

They also have separate Classic Menu programs for many individual Office programs, in case you are only concerned with, for example, Word. The price of an individual appears to be half of what the whole Classic Menu for Office package would cost.

They moved all the options around. Figuring out where they put them all is going to take some paying attention.

You can customize pretty much everything. There is barely any learning curve.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back