Office 2003

I had 2000 before and it was a big jump for me. It will be hard to get me to go back!

the new outlook is appreciated. tho it really really doesn't like hotmail.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
tho it really really doesn't like hotmail.

How so? I was using Beta 2 for more than a month with a Hotmail account, and everything worked fine, including Bayesian filtering.

MS Office 2003

hey guys, i've just installed office 2003 and front page 2003, and i have to say it's unbelieveable!

it's the only piece of MS software that i can say ive installed and honestly thought - "now thats an improvement"!

i'm curious to find out what others think?

What makes me so happy about it is that they have DRAMATICALY improved the loading speed of the programs...they load in a flash - heaps HEAPS faster than office XP.

-- i also like the new GUI, and the new look outlook 2003. haven't played around too much with anything else at this point in time.

Jeremy

office 2003 doesn't come out until the 21st....and i believe there is a no warez policy here....

unless you're referring to the beta, i imagine this thread will be closed.

You could have obtained it in one of three ways: 1) The beta kit 2) The final release from MSDN 3) illegally.
I'll give you the benefit of doubt here, and leave this thread open...for now.

Anyways, the biggest improvement for me in the new Office suite has got to be Outlook 2003. The new vertical-pane UI makes it look much more un-cluttered, and Bayesian filtering is a God-send :)
As you said, the individual components like Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc. load very quickly, and I'm sure XP's prefetching contributes to that as well.
The new icons (in the Start menu as well as in the apps) are a nice, bright change from the old Office XP icons, but nothing phenomenal nonetheless.

The whole XML document format (like OpenOffice) is cool too, but the addition of some other useful features from OpenOffice's Writer (such as Export to PDF without Acrobat installed, auto-completion of words by just hitting enter) would have been great.

So far I've only really used Outlook and Word on a regular basis, so I don't know much about what's changed in Excel and Powerpoint. As for Frontpage, I'll probably never use it since I'm not a fan of WYSIWYG editing.

But yeah, I think it's a very nice upgrade. The changes in Outlook alone make it worth it. :)

totally, the new Outlook rocks.

im extremely tempted to purchase the final commercial release verison when it hits the stores...

Ya Office 2003 is nice. The new Outlook rocks, and everything is nice and zippy. The only thing i don't like is that "Windows XP" blue toolbar theme. I wish i could change it back to the normal theme without changing the entire OS theme. you have to use the blue one if you use Luna on XP, you cant change them independent of each other.

JJB

Originally posted by cpugeniusmv
office 2003 doesn't come out until the 21st....and i believe there is a no warez policy here....

unless you're referring to the beta, i imagine this thread will be closed.

I already got the corporate edition from MSDN. So it is already out. I am thrilled with it. Love the way Outlook is set up! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back