Office 2000 problems

S

St0n3H3ng3

I installed Office 2000 on my XP Pro partition, have all the updates, and when I open up any of the apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook) they open for a second and then crash. I'm running XP Pro on a 1.4 Ghz Athlon, 512MB DDR PC2100 RAM, 5GB partition of a 40GB HD. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone solved this problem? :confused:

First i've seen this problem posted. Did the install complete successfully? I can only suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. If it happens again maybe install one program at a time until you get to the trouble one and go from there with your troubleshooting.

is there a crash error? like an illegal operation? if som hit the details and post the error message,, something like, winword has caused in invalid page fault in module kernell32.dll something like that..

Lonman: the install did complete succesfully, I uninstalled and reinstalled and even installed them one at a time. They all do it, and no matter what I try it does the same.

kiDDos: there is no error message, they just open and close right after.

I don't have any more suggestions St0n, i'm just replying to send this thread back to the head of the class. Maybe another teacher can pick up on it and offer some help. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back