Office 2000 problems

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by St0n3H3ng3, Dec 8, 2001.

1. St0n3H3ng3

St0n3H3ng3 Guest

I installed Office 2000 on my XP Pro partition, have all the updates, and when I open up any of the apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook) they open for a second and then crash. I'm running XP Pro on a 1.4 Ghz Athlon, 512MB DDR PC2100 RAM, 5GB partition of a 40GB HD. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone solved this problem? :confused:

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

First i've seen this problem posted. Did the install complete successfully? I can only suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. If it happens again maybe install one program at a time until you get to the trouble one and go from there with your troubleshooting.

3. kiDDos

kiDDos Guest

is there a crash error? like an illegal operation? if som hit the details and post the error message,, something like, winword has caused in invalid page fault in module kernell32.dll something like that..

4. St0n3H3ng3

St0n3H3ng3 Guest

Lonman: the install did complete succesfully, I uninstalled and reinstalled and even installed them one at a time. They all do it, and no matter what I try it does the same.

kiDDos: there is no error message, they just open and close right after.

5. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I don't have any more suggestions St0n, i'm just replying to send this thread back to the head of the class. Maybe another teacher can pick up on it and offer some help. Good luck.

6. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

7. St0n3H3ng3

St0n3H3ng3 Guest

Thanks Bytes, seems to have solved it.