Office 2000 error in Guest account

M

madencoder

When i'm logged in as a guest and try to access Office 2000 programs (excel etc) it shows a progress bar and says it is trying too install SP1 package. After awhile it gives me and error saying that it could not find source files and then restarts trying to to install the SP1 package. It continually does this until I press cancel and then it brings me to the program. This doesn't occur when i'm logged in as an admin. I've tried leaving the Office2000 cd in the drive but still no luck. How do I stop this?

is it possible that you installed SP1 for your admin account & it won't let the guest account access those files? I don't know a whole lot about it. You might want to try the "detect and repair" feature from the help menu in any of the office programs.
--------------from office's help menu-----------------------------
-Have the Windows installer automatically repair Office or an Office program
The Microsoft Windows installer can detect and repair problems associated with installed Microsoft Office 2000 programs, such as missing files and registry settings. It does not repair personal files, such as documents or worksheets.

On the Help menu, click Detect and Repair.

To restore the program shortcuts to the Windows Start menu, select the Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box.

Note If the Detect and Repair command does not fix the problem, you may need to reinstall Office using the Setup program.

Thanks.. I understand the problem now but even detect and repair doesn't seem to work. Guest aren't allowed to install anything. Is there a way to "loosen" the restrictions for a guest for these installs and then rerestrict the account?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back