Office 11 Beta 1

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 31, 2002.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

i just got my copy of Office 11 Beta 1. pretty good so far. haven't really messed around yet, but it's awesome that stuff like Outlook is the Enterprise Edition. very sweet. decided to post a poll too. please answer it.

2. boske

boske Guest

where can i get it

3. ElementalDragon

you can't download it. there used to be a link on this website to apply for the beta testing.

4. ElementalDragon

come on people, reply or at least answer my poll

5. sullysnet

sullysnet OSNN Junior Addict

Damn three votes we are cookin now LOL

6. Daviesbad04

Daviesbad04 Guest

I got my copy of office 11 beta yesterday too.......but for me it hasnt all been the color of roses. I cant get it to install because in any of the 3 CD's is the file OFFICE1.CAB, so after awhile the install says it cant find the file and retracks, and not only that, now everytime i start IE or a popup goes on the installation for frontpage starts up and wont let me use IE unless i cancel it like 3 times........so yea im pissed, but ill live. In case anyone knows how to solve any of my problems let me know, and as for the poll.........I signed up to actually test it :)

7. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

For those of you that applied and did not hear anything, do not give up hope. I applied, but never received any e-mails, then today in the mail I received a copy! I was supprised It looks to be fun to test.

8. sullysnet

Is Dragon going to send the people that replied to his poll a copy of the BETA :) that would be great :)

thanks

9. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

That would also be illegal :eek:

10. ElementalDragon

hmm... u know what Jewelzz, it's kinda hard to tell if you could even CONSIDER that to be piracy, since:
    a) the software isn't OFFICIALLY released to the public, and
    b) it doesn't even have an OFFICIAL name yet, since it's still under the code name.

Makes ya wonder, don't it? :confused:

11. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

a) it isn't released to the public, don't you think there is a reason for that.
    b) Could you mail MS and ask them for a copy of longhorn with the same reasoning... I wanna read the reply.

If MS allowed anyone to enter the beta it would be available on their site for download and it would not contain product activation. I am sure it will say somewhere within the office 11 documents (which btw, is a fantastic codename) it will say not for distribution.

12. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Not too often that a beta, publiclly released or not, isn't considered warez if freely distributed and it's not freeware. As EP said, read the documentation that came with your copy of Office11, I'm sure you'll find something in there about not distributing the beta.

13. sullysnet

just give out the BETA it's not like you own it :)

14. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

I received it also but one month ago.
    I found it very good, I liked some new featuresin excel and powerpoint and of course Outlook, that it is just great, i my opinion the best email program ever.
    The New XML features i don't use them.

15. Burpster

Burpster Guest

i've seen it a few times for download.....but really have no use for office

16. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

sorry but Itotally agree with forum admin's .. never had a " major pleasure " to test beta(s) so this will not enter in the list ..

17. hotboy251

hotboy251 Guest

Office Xp Beta 11

Message removed.
    Not the place for this kind of stuff ... Please read the forum guidelines before posting. --NR