Off to Nurburg Ring...

Unleashed

We Speak Geek
Tomorrow for the Old Timers Grand Prix! This is the car I'll be going in:

www.mercedes-cosworth.co.uk

Wish me luck all! Back on Tuesday. :devious:

P.s any quick tips for it, the surrounding area, and places of interest in the region?

have fun should be fantastic

the Nurburg ring is the reason why European cars handle and American ones don't (according to Jeremy Clarkson)

Geffy said:
the Nurburg ring is the reason why European cars handle and American ones don't (according to Jeremy Clarkson)
It always makes me chuckle when he says that. I can't really imagine Ford for instance testing their new focus on the track! :p

There was a Focus that went round - he trashed his brakes.
Good fun, but ended up crashing the afore mentioned Merc at 100mph+ into an armco (I wasn't driving, the owner was - it hurt, but no one was properly injured). I also got to drive a Porsche 928 4.7 V8, which was scary as hell. And then was in an accident involving a SSC Stylus kit car (he was taking me for a passenger lap).
Then, to add insult to injury, my tent decided that it didn't like being waterproof, and during one hell of a storm that lasted 2 days, let all the water through, soaking me and all my belongings. Wearing only wet clothes for 2 days is not fun!

If anyone watches that episode of Top Gear where Clarkson goes round in a Jaguar S-Type diesel, you'll see him get overtaken by a Mercedes 190 Evo 1 - I went round as a passenger of the owner of that car, in that car. It's awesome, the handling is spot on, and it's very quick too!

The best one was when on Topgear they put a Transit van round the track being driven by that German bird who lives in Nurburg, and she was whizzing passed all these cars. Just imagine the look on the face of the guy driving his golf GTI round it and being overtaken by i) a van and ii) a girl!! :p:p:p

rushm001 said:
The best one was when on Topgear they put a Transit van round the track being driven by that German bird who lives in Nurburg, and she was whizzing passed all these cars. Just imagine the look on the face of the guy driving his golf GTI round it and being overtaken by i) a van and ii) a girl!! :p:p:p

"That German bird" is Sabine Schmit. We interviewed her for Practical Performance Magazine (who organised the trip I went on). Her husband also gave me a free drink when I was in his pub. :)

Handguy - you're missing out! It's awesome! I spent 3 days camping (which I hate) and being permanently wet, but it was still the best trip ever, and I shall definetly be going every year I can. I have the 'Ring Worm!

:) Good choice! Next March when I get my pay rise I'll be buying one and using my current 2.0 non-Cossie for a track car. EFi conversion and a few other bits coming it's way soon...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back