OEM windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tuffgong4, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

WHen I built my recent computer I bought a copy of windows xp x64 Oem. The problem that I'm having is that I wanted to jump on Vista as soon as I could and purchased a copy of XP MCE to upgrade to Vista Home Premium for free.

My question is can I deactivate the copy of x64 that I have installed and give it to my sister or do I need to just suck it up and dual boot so I can upgrade to Vista. I feel like I've pretty much wasted a copy of xp if I can't and I really want to help my sis out right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

When did you buy the x64 edition?
    Most places have the same deal for all the high priced windows.
    Even the oems.

Tuffgong4 likes this.
  3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Tuffgong, you can install XP x64 on the new machine without any issues. If it gives you a problem during activation just call and tell them it isn't installed on any other computer.

4. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

what he said. i have had to do the same thing. i reinstall my OS all the time and have to call them to get activated.

Tuffgong4 likes this.
  5. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

ok cool...thanks for the heads up.

I just want a perfectly good copy of windows to go to waste.

to this quote, I bought the x64 from viosoftware a few months back before these deals started showing up with an express coupon.

Thanks all for the help. I'm going to install my copy of Windows xp mce and install the x64 on my sisters computer.