OE6 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SiPix, Oct 14, 2002.

1. SiPix

SiPix Guest

Hi all,
    Ever since I last formatted my computer, I've had a small but annoying problem with OE6.

We have 3 logins under XP, and whenever the computer is rebooted, msimn loads under my sisters profile. This is a pain because to use it in any other winxp login, you have to bring up task manager and end task, otherwise if you try to launch OE you get get the WinXP 'stop' beep, which indicated its already running.

My profile is the admin profile, and I cant find anything in my profile thats causing it. bringing up task manager shows the process msimn running under her winxp login, even though her profile is not even logged in.

I checked msconfig in her profile, and OE6/msimn is not listed anywhere I can see.

Any Ideas why it would be loading?

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Have you installed SP1? cause there is a known bug about changing OE profiles

3. SiPix

SiPix Guest

Yes I do have SP1 installed, but this did it before installing SP1 and still does after

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

5. SiPix

SiPix Guest

Yep, to no avail.
    I think it's something in the registry in that winxp logon, Im still looking for it. It's not in any of the normal startup reg keys, so it might be another program calling it.

6. Eve

Eve Guest

Do you start messanger at start up, I think it loads with OE, I could be totally wrong though. Just a thought.