Odd movie complaints...

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Son Goku, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

OK, this isn't really a review for the lattest Harry Potter movie; hence no movie review tags and what not. If someone wants a review, I guess a thread can be started for that :D

However, while I was eating a late lunch/dinner (meant to be lunch, but went outside to a flat tire today, so had to take my car in, etc, etc) I was there eating; and at a nearby table people were mentioning the movie. Their big complaint was

Umm, Harry Potter, comedy, didn't make me laugh? :confused:

It's not meant to be a comedy. And though the first movie (or 2 actually, Potter blowing up his abnoxious aunt was more then funny, but well deserved :D ), the whole story isn't of the same genere. Also, as I understand it, the movies (based on the books) were meant to get progressively darker, as time went by...

I wonder if some have complained about the Lord of the Rings, because Gandalf wasn't enough of a comedian and Frodo seemed too serious and bummed them out all the time :rofl Hmm, let me see, he was just carrying Sauron's ring and had the whole fate of the world resting on his shoulders ;) :D

Ah well, but I wonder, if the person wanted a comedy, I wonder why they didn't rent one of Eddie Murphey's movies or something...

2. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

You make a very good point. I looks like they forgot to do a little research before they picked the movie to go see.

3. joyojoy

joyojoy Not all there...

Your post reminds me of a conversation I overheard in the store one day. Bear in mind that I live in Georgia and I was at Wal-Mart: Two women were talking about the upcoming release of the Dukes of Hazzard movie. One of them said, with a very shocked tone in her voice, "Can you believe they're making it into a comedy?" :twisted:

4. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Upcoming release?

How is it upcoming?

Its been out for a wee bit on video/dvd

5. joyojoy

joyojoy Not all there...

It was last year, before the movie came out in theaters... Perhaps I should have clarified that.:rolleyes:

6. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

:laugh:

Yeah

Its all good though

The movie sure was sexy though. My favorite car and favorite babe all in one :lick:

7. joyojoy

joyojoy Not all there...

Yeah, cool car... and for guys, I can see the attraction to Daisy Dukes... But I have a personal problem with encouraging rednecks... Living in Georgia (only 60 miles from the home of the Hazzards, I might add), I don't need to go to a theater to see them. And sharing the road with them is no picnic (just don't drive within spittin' distance)...