OCZ Technology Aquires PC Power & Cooling

Discussion in 'Submitted News' started by madmatt, May 26, 2007.

1. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Source: PC Power & Cooling

2. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

This is the worst news I have heard all week.... PC Power & Cooling is one of the best PSU manufacturers available.... OCZ is not. Great, now we will get PPC PSU's with led's on them and plexiglass cases! :dead:

3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Ugh.

I guess OCZ could cut it being a psu reseller so they decided to buy the competition.

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

This is actually pretty good. OCZ memory is some of the best on the market. Add to that the best PSU's on the market and what do you get?

5. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

yeah. thats what i thought... they're not gonna screw pc p&c psu's, they probably bought them to offer more quality products w/o all the trouble of making them themselves

6. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Speaking of OCZ memory.

FRY's has 2x1GB 6400 DDR2 for $79 after rebate ($119 instore), today is the last day. Does not say what the timings are.

7. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I hope this doesn't spell the end of PC Power & Cooling. I'm really glad I got my new PC Power & Cooling PSU before all this. :)

8. Aprox

Yeah, its kind of ironic I was just looking at buying one a few days ago. I probably should before they sell out of the old stock. I'm really not happy about this buyout.

9. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Guys, relax. OCZ didn't buy them to ruin them. They wanted a top name to build on their overclocking performance image.

Keep an eye out they may be thinking about branding an OCZ Gaming PC product line. Something like what Aleinware was before they picked up the stigma of being part of DELL. (Hiding and waiting patiently for the retribution from SAZAR.)

10. Aprox

We could be overreacting a bit, but I never like to see a successful and quality independent company get bought up by the larger, less quality fish.

11. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

OCZ is very high quality. Their self build PSU's were garnering a very good repover here in europe, with their purchase of PCP&C things can only get better.

12. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

OCZ didn't make their own power supplies. They rebadged them from a third party but at the moment (5 beers) the OEM is escaping me. I do know that it's the same OEM Mushkin used.

13. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Probably FSP :) The largest OEM PSU manufacturer. Also makers of the worlds most efficient PSU at room temperature.