ObjectDock Modification

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by gmagnuson, Dec 21, 2003.

1. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

Hi, I was wondering if any of you use ObjectDock and have found a solution to this problem.

I have tried all of the other docks yzdock, mobydock, and they don't suite my needs.

My problem is that I want to add a feature to the code to delay the appearance ObjectDock for 500 ms. I would like it to have a slight delay before it appears so that I do not accidentally click something if I move my mouse to that side of the screen and click(which does happens resizing windows etc.)

Is there any way to add some code or change it to make it delay a second before appearing? Thanks!
  2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Midlands, England
    I'm not sure that Object-Dock can be modded, the only way to go about this would be to make a suggestion to the developers.

Do you mean the magnification of the icons (I find this annoying and have it turned off :D) or the actual appearing of a hidden dock onto screen?
  3. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

I would submit the idea to the developers, but they don't give any contact info, and they say the software is as is without support.

I am speaking of the actual appearing of a hidden dock onto the screen. I think Mobydock had a feature similar to what I was looking for, it was controlled by a line in one of the ini files I think.

I don't know much about that type of coding, so I don't even know if it is possible. It would be a nice feature though. I hate opening programs when I don't need them.