O.k .. I have my final verdict for windows7

I don't really understand how you can dismiss a x64/x68 (lol) version of an OS that is in BETA and say you are switching to another platform all together. While it's great that you are trying it out - you could report these issues instead of giving up entirely :)

Not that I know your issues specifically, but did you read all the studies that MS published "trying" to prove the causes of all the early Vista issues (video drivers, etc.).

Your opinion is welcome and valued, however I personally feel it's unfair to give up on something without providing reason or giving it a fair chance.

What problems are you having specifically?

various things were wrong. The biggest issue was the software incompatibility I need for work. I am going to get it again when the rc officially comes out. I am sure they will have things fixed by then ... Over all I do like it, it is nice. just like I said, the little annoyances that drive me nuts ..

various things were wrong. The biggest issue was the software incompatibility I need for work. I am going to get it again when the rc officially comes out. I am sure they will have things fixed by then ... Over all I do like it, it is nice. just like I said, the little annoyances that drive me nuts ..

Johnny - When the RC officially comes out? Or are you talking about the your work software rc? The Se7en RC has been out for quite a while now, Or did I misread your question? I'm using b7201 right now and this is the best one as of yet for my system. :)

I am sorry, beginning. I meant when the official release of windows7 comes out later this year. :)

.......... Move to Mac section..........

Talk about uninformed. :dead:

Anyway not quite twice the price but still a large margin.
.......... Move to Mac section..........

Back on topic I have now installed X86 builds on both my HTPC's and sharing content is dream compaired to Vista (no faffing with regestry values etc).

THere are the odd querks but I think my have maily been software incompatibilities. We will get there and it should be a solid OS :) I am waiting for a nice netbook with multitouch touch screen to come out now :D

rumours are its going to be put as rtm within the next two weeks tops (don't quote me on it though ;))

Last edited:
yeah, once the software updates and such; it will be a really nice os.

^ I agree.... It's a bit of a pain installing programs in compatibility mode all the time for them to work correctly...

If you have older work applications what arn't working that well you could try the new XP Mode

I am finding issues with program compatibility, windows media player video playbacks, and printers. I am also kinda tired of this theme . I want to be able to skin it like vista and such, not have the same type toolbar look all the time.

I am sure that the little annoyances and kinks will be worked, maybe when sp1 one comes out in December; either way, it is a real annoyance at times. I will probably be putting vista back in ..

Try Rockers Team tweaked Win 7 RC 7100 both 32 and 64 bit. http://rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?sid=f6744c4d8d9b3dd6ccba1184b6f1a2f4 . Go to the link, register, login, scroll down to Operating System section and click on Rockers Seven releases. Then under topics you will be able to select which version you want. Lots of screenshots to show you what it will look like once installed. The method for downloading is a pain but worth it. I am running x86 version of it and really like it.:)

Last edited:
Try Rockers Team tweaked Win 7 RC 7100 both 32 and 64 bit. http://rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?sid=f6744c4d8d9b3dd6ccba1184b6f1a2f4 . Go to the link, register, login, scroll down to Operating System section and click on Rockers Seven releases. Then under topics you will be able to select which version you want. Lots of screenshots to show you what it will look like once installed. The method for downloading is a pain but worth it. I am running x86 version of it and really like it.:)

I know Ben, he is a good guy and does good work ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back