NVidia Vanta Drivers & S3 drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by G-Lizard86, Oct 16, 2002.

1. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

Hey you guys....on the 8th of september, my birthday, i'll get a new GF4 Ti4200, but untill then i'm stuck with this, I have a Diamond Stealth III S540 Xtreme 32 mb graphics card, which should be able to handle most games i play, but the problem is the card isn't supported anymore. At least, on the site (www.diamondmm.com) the last drivers that were brought out are from a year or more back, and do not support xp, so no when i start up a game the bloody thing just crashes, i tried the drivers for Win2000 but they don't work either.
    Second, a friend of mine said i could borrow his old card, which right now performes better than mine, its a Nvidia Vanta 16 mb, i want to get the latest drivers from the Nvidia page, but i don't know which to get.....any help? Greatly appriciated. Also, i've heard that there is a brand called Point of View, they also make GF4 Ti's, but they use 3.3ns memory on their Ti4200's....is that worth paying for?
  2. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

so there is no one on this whole forum who know anything about this????
  3. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Those are really old video cards =P

Erm, isn't it past 8th of september already?
  4. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

lol i meant 8th of december
  5. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

yeah they are really old....i got mine in 1999, but Diamond should still support this card shouldn't they? and what about the Vanta?
  6. Trinity

Trinity Guest

You might try the Detonator driver, I'm running into a similar problem with an old Diamond TNT 16mb...XP installed the drivers ok but I need drivers for the TV-out. I couldn't get the Detonator drivers to work with mine though, it really sucks Diamond made some good video cards.
  7. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

yeah but mine has an S3 graphics chip, and not a Nvidia one....so that's even worse...