nvidia rejoins futuremark

Sazar

Rest In Peace
so much for the accusations about 3dmark03 and futuremark being useless :rolleyes:

yes... nvidia have a lot of integrity and absolutely no hyposcrisy whatsoever (thinly veiled sarcasm)

oh well... time for 3dmark scores to vanish from my link

*poof* they are gone...

to think I actually defended their benchmark when the main lads stood up for their beliefs...

oh well... det 44.67 onwards == fubar anyways... so who cares...

just fyi... thought you lot should know... will be news everywhere I reckon come early next week... watch out for official posts on the front page...

cheers

-edit- removed [H] reference since TBH KB did have some points that appear to have vindicated him for now... (sort of) and untill his next editorial on this topic.. any comments will be hearsay...

I will wait for him to comment before I do so...

cheers 2... :)

So what exactly does this mean for someone like me who rarely benchmarks or overclocks? Does this mean the 3dmark scores are now going to be biased towards Nvidea? How will it affect me and my wonderful 9800 pro which Ive come to love so much? :(

Haha...it won't affect you one bit. It will just make NVidia and Futuremark look like they have made a poor decision in making up.

Originally posted by DitchHopper
So what exactly does this mean for someone like me who rarely benchmarks or overclocks? Does this mean the 3dmark scores are now going to be biased towards Nvidea? How will it affect me and my wonderful 9800 pro which Ive come to love so much? :(

it won't affect you...

just use alternate benching methods... there are a few out there...

besides... you can use 3dmark03 to give you an indication of performance of your product in dx9 type scenarios...

Does anyone else here know of similar bench programs? I'd like to be able to bench my rig on the same level as everyone else (including ati users) to give me as true a score as possible.

tbh, I kinda thought nvidia would do something like that after getting shown up in a big way regarding their "cheats" on 3dmark.

Originally posted by jonifen
Does anyone else here know of similar bench programs? I'd like to be able to bench my rig on the same level as everyone else (including ati users) to give me as true a score as possible.

tbh, I kinda thought nvidia would do something like that after getting shown up in a big way regarding their "cheats" on 3dmark.

like I said... 3dmark itself can still be used to give an indication of the performance of your setup...

ut2k3 also has benchmarking setup... comanche 4 has a true dx8 benchmark though it is extremely cpu limited...

splinter cell has a benchmark utility that you can probably dl off the web...

to find some benchmarking tools just check a review such as those conducted @ www.beyond3d.com and check out the information in their test setup... check out if there are links available to dl any benchmarking utils listed and/or find them yourself online and benchaway... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back