nvidia or omega??

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Bretenn, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

what do u guys recommend for gf4 mx...... omega driver or nvidia driver??

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

just depends, the omega drivers look better, but are slower.
    the Nvidia drives are faster, but don't look as good.

toss up

[​IMG]

3. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

i think the new omega v1.0.8 realli doesnt fit me.... 3dmark 2001se score is 38++........ while using nvidia v29.42, i get 6+++ and even the omega v1.0.4.2c i still manage to get 59++....

4. RA|N

RA|N Guest

The nvidia drivers are configured for benchmarks, so with ATI's drivers, don't forget they are in war, i use omega for my radeon 8500, the omega are configured for visual perfomance(good for games) but the original ATI are for benchmark, i recommend omega if you want perfomance..

5. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

i dont think it is abut performance... it is about quality.... texture quality that really kick nvidia away.....

btw... i manage to fix the prob for my benchmark..... and now manage to get 60++... (sory to blame oemga.... it is the stupidity of me :)) Now using omega v1.0.8.0........

6. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

i know... but i just like to feel the real texture out there..... (but need to lower the resolution tho)........

7. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

btw... i think probably this week i will get myself a swiftech 462A cpu cooler. hope it realli cool my stupid com down a bit lo.... :)