Nvidia kills windows me and 98 help!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by syllinx, Nov 4, 2003.

1. syllinx

syllinx OSNN Junior Addict

I have a new system 2.4ghz with ht and 1 gig of ram but i cannot install windows me and use my geforce fx5600 ultra on it . I will install the drivers and then reboot and all it says is krnl386.exe is missing. I am doing this so I can play a older game called fighting force. Any help would be nice.

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

try running the game emulating win98 mode or something like that and see if it helps...

afaik there should be no problems with teh video card though windows me is a POS... unfortunately :(

3. syllinx

I did try emulated

I have tried emulated in winxp and tried all patches for winme and all for xp and even all the nvidia drivers for winme but no luck.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

there is an initialisation failure some place but unfortunately I have not used win ME beyond a couple of days so I cant' help you out much there...

I am going to move this thread to the nvFAQ section we have and see if this gets you more hits... :)

5. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Found the solution - yeah autographs later. None of the Drivers work except the BETA 52.16 drivers.
    http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/
    Ironically these solve ME problems but cause problems in every other OS - go figure :D

6. syllinx

Thanks

As soon as i have time to install it i will be able to play some old games lol. Thanks again.

7. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Fingers crossed it'll work for you as it worked for me :)